Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Beauty in motion

I took Case to see Legendary Santa for a work event tonight. I was driving down W. Broad street playing PacMan with the cones and squinting through the windshield because I can't see a goddamn thing at night. Can anyone actually see well after 6PM these days? I swear we're all so lucky there aren't more car accidents because no one seems to know what the hell they're doing once the sun goes down. Lanes no longer exist. My car's personal space is non-existent. Merging is a life or death situation. Anyway, I'll stop ranting. I'm driving in the car thinking about how this is gonna go, planning the evening, devising the tactics I'll use once things go south. I have a package of toy horses in the car right now. He doesn't know about it, but it's my emergency pony pack. Case is really into horses these days and these plastic foals could end up saving lives. I've determined what I'll say once Case gets near Santa and how I'll inform them that Case won't answer the question "What do you want for Christmas?" We're just here for the picture and a little adventure.

And here's why it is so awesome to take a chance sometimes. The line for Santa was extremely long. No way Case could endure 45 minutes in a crowded room waiting patiently. I mean, how many "normal" kids could do that? So, we threw seeing Santa out the window. And you know what? The coolest thing happened. There was a really pretty carousel running toward the back of the museum. And what is Case really into these days? Horses. And can you imagine his face when he saw a giant circle of colorful horses that glide up and down alongside soft music and lighting?

You don't have to imagine. There's the video. It was so sweet. And he's so beautiful and his face and smile grab my heart and I want everything to be OK for him because he's absolutely wonderful and weird and pure. All our kids are.

We ended the evening with an exuberant Case yelling "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!" at everyone we passed on the way to the parking lot. Oh, and he called my boss's wife "Sugar." "Hi Sugar!" It was charming. He's charming.

Goodnight eveyone


No comments:

Post a Comment